MidCoast Council - draft Compliance and Enforcement Policy
InformationbobreidSunday, 17 July 2022 - 8:58pm
MidCoast Council has released a draft Compliance and Enforcement Policy and is seeking community feedback on it.
This policy applies to the management, investigation and enforcement of unlawful activity with the MidCoast Council area.
The aims of the policy are to:
- Ensure that Council’s regulatory functions are applied consistently, without bias, and in accordance with legislation;
- Assist Council’s officers to respond consistently and effectively to complaints of unlawful activity, and undertake proactive investigation of the unlawful activity;
- Provide a mechanism to receive and review appeals / representations;
- Provide information for all stakeholders about Council’s position in relation to compliance and enforcement with the relevant legislation;
- Ensure that Council’s officers apply their discretion in relation to responding to any unlawful activity in an appropriate manner, including allocation of any resources.
This draft is an update of the current policy that was approved in 2017.
The unlawful activity this policy applies to is where Council is the regulatory authority, and it includes (but is not limited to) development, environmental harm, food safety, public health, parking, abandoned articles and companion animals.
Council is seeking feedback on the draft policy until 4:30pm on Tuesday 16 August 2022.
This policy is an important one for the North Arm Cove community, both within the village and the non-urban area, as it determines how Council will respond to any complaints of unlawful activity. Community members are encouraged to read the policy and lodge a submission on it.
The policy and details of how to provide feedback on it can be found at the following link: Draft Compliance and Enforcement Policy