- The Cove
- Our Community
- Local Info
Increased Funding for North Arm Cove
lenyThu, 02/02/2012 - 2:57pm
As a consequence of the NACRA executive meeting with Glen Handford Great Lakes Council General Manager and Grant Applications made by the Great Lakes Council and North Arm Cove Tennis Club, the NACRA Committee can report
Council budget 2011-2012
- $30,000 Water Street drainage up grade
- $8,000 Aquatic Survey and investigation Heros Bay
- $8,000 Hall BBQ project
- $4,000 Hall electrical upgrade (evaluation presently being undertaken by GLC)
- $1,000 Materials Hall BBQ seating and planter boxes (also requires community working bee)
Grant Applications not yet confirmed
- $29,000 Public Toilet Hall Site (application by GLC).
- $20,000 Tennis Club Building (application by NAC Tennis Club)
The above are all projects funded or under consideration by GLC and the State Government in the current year. If the Grant Applications are successful, this will be the highest level of financial commitment shown by Local and State Government to North Arm Cove and begins to address the communities long standing need for recreational facilities.