Council Elections-Who is Eligible to Vote?

janinerSat, 19/06/2021 - 4:18pm

Local Council Elections will be held on Saturday 4 September 2021.

Voting is compulsory for local residents. You are also eligible to vote as a non-resident in a council area if you are:

  • an owner of rateable land in the council area
  • an occupier or rate-paying lessee of rateable land in the council area.

Non-residential rolls provide people who are non-resident owners, occupiers and rate-paying lessees of rateable land within the MidCoast Council area an opportunity to have a say in who is elected to Council.

  • There are two non-residential rolls: the roll of non-resident owners of rateable land; and the roll of occupiers and rate-paying lessees.
  • These two rolls are combined with the residential roll to form the roll of electors for the Council area, which is used during an election.
  • The residential roll is the list of people who live in the Council area and are eligible to vote in elections.
  • Applications to apply for inclusion on the non-residential rolls will be available on Council’s website mid June 2021 and must be received by Council by 6pm (EST) on Monday 26 July 2021.

For further information go to

It is important to remember that MidCoast Council covers a huge area and North Arm Cove is at the bottom edge. If we want to make sure that we are properly represented we need a local Council member. The population base at the southern end of the Council area is small and if we don’t want to be swamped by Taree, Gloucester and Forster issues, we need some local representatives. Non-resident votes could be very important, so please register.


Thank you to all our sponsors including

Port Stephens Moorings, PO Box Nelson Bay 2315