Updated NSW Covid Restrictions and the Community Centre
At 2 pm today 26 June 2021 the NSW Premier announced restrictions to prevent the spreading and seeding of the DELTA virus into regional areas from Greater Sydney.
The COVID Safety Plan for the Community Centre have been revised and a new checklist is available for hirers under Booking_Form on this site. Wearing of masks, sign in using the Covid app, and social distancing will be compulsory.
Please help us implement this plan and take note of the updated requirements on the NSW website https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/what-you-can-do-nsw#updated-covid-19-rules
In summary the updated restrictions have the following implications for regional areas;
- People who have been in the Greater Sydney region (including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast and Wollongong) on or after June 21 should follow the stay-at-home orders for a period of 14 days after they left Greater Sydney. The Community Centre has advised coordinators to check the addresses of people entering the Centre to ensure that all people understand the restrictions.
- Visitors to households will be limited to 5 guests – including children;
- Masks will be compulsory in all indoor non-residential settings, including workplaces, and at organised outdoor events;
- Drinking while standing at indoor venues will not be allowed;
- Singing by audiences and choirs at indoor venues or by congregants at indoor places of worship will not be allowed;
- Dancing will not be allowed at indoor hospitality venues or nightclubs however, dancing is allowed at weddings for the wedding party only (no more than 20 people);
- Dance and gym classes limited to 20 per class (masks must be worn);
- The one person per four square metre rule will be re-introduced for all indoor and outdoor settings, including weddings and funerals;
- Outdoor seated, ticketed events will be limited to 50 per cent seated capacity;